memory loss

Discussion on both general simulation and Proteus VSM microcontroller simulation.
Ianr
3rd Party Developer

memory loss

Post by Ianr »

Hello!

I had this issue a while back. I cannot remeber the fix.

I have a 24LC256 modeled.. When I turn off simulation and restart.. all is okay.
If I shut down Isis and restart, it seems to reload the data from disc file instead of the project.

I don't think I changed anything.. Help please??? its annoying.
Ettore
Labcenter Staff

Re: memory loss

Post by Ettore »

Debug->Reset Persistent Model Data ... as I understand the problem.
Kind regards,
Ettore Arena - Labcenter Electronics.
Ianr
3rd Party Developer

Post by Ianr »

Yes! But I want it to retain the data.. and its automatically not doing... Its retrieving that data every time I run Isis. and I don't want it to.

Like I said. I had this before and we fixed it somehow.

I don't use internal eeprom so I don't know if that is changing,m but the external definitely is.

If you want it zipped up I can do this.
Cheers
Ianr
3rd Party Developer

Post by Ianr »

Hi Ettore
Do you have anything else?
Debug->Reset Persistent Model Data, seems t happen EVERY time I start my project.

All the eeprom write and internal eeprom writes are lost when you start a project
Ettore
Labcenter Staff

Post by Ettore »

No. There's nothing that starts a "Reset Persistent Model Data" from Debug menu automatically.

During the simulation the MCU may modify the EEPROM contents. When simulation stops, the EEPROM memory is preserved by ISIS and the image of the data is written into the project design (the .pdsprj file). When a next simulation is made, the EEPROM starts with that preserved image data memory. You (and only you) can reset the EEPROM memory using the above command of the "Debug" menu.

However, if you quit ISIS and reopen it, then the EEPROM contents will get back from the latest image saved into the project file: if you didn't save it then EEPROM will be loaded with the previous memory image. Main question is then: did you save it between any quit ?
Kind regards,
Ianr
3rd Party Developer

Post by Ianr »

Hi Ettore.

I an not doing ANYTHING different than any other time.. The project normally saves automatically after a recompile.

I can set a variable in external eeprom from the workspace, run the simulation and all is okay. if I turn off Proteus and restart. the memory has not been saved.

IF!!! I actually "Save" project manually, it does.. But this behavior is new.. I have used this software for over 25 years now, and the project has ALWAYS saved automatically when there has been a change. it doesn't anymore.

I have tried several times..
I have just downloaded 8.17. I will try this one..
Ettore
Labcenter Staff

Post by Ettore »

Immagine 2024-05-01 015904.jpg
Immagine 2024-05-01 015904.jpg (156.75 KiB) Viewed 127 times
Kind regards,
Ianr
3rd Party Developer

Post by Ianr »

Oh!! Do you mean to say I've been lucky all this time... Isn't there and "auto save".

As I said, I have never paid attention to this, this is why it foxed me..

Cheers
Anyway.
Aha!!! I see why... My autosave was set for 10 minutes. The model I'm working on i probably use a lot less.

I'll set auto save to 3 minutes..