Tubes (library)

Discussion on the Schematic Capture module of the Proteus Design Suite.
Krzysztof
Professional User

Tubes (library)

Post by Krzysztof »

Does anyone have libraries with tubes (symbols, footprints, etc.)
Ettore
Labcenter Staff

Re: Tubes (library)

Post by Ettore »

What of the "Thermionic Valves" provided with the standard Proteus library don't you like/satify ?
Kind regards,
Ettore Arena - Labcenter Electronics.
Krzysztof
Professional User

Post by Krzysztof »

I need a 6AN8 for my project. Additionally, the necessary footprint. I don't see any footprints for any vacuum tubes
Ettore
Labcenter Staff

Post by Ettore »

Which 6AN8 are you talking of ? As far as I can remember (we are on 45/50 years ago time scale) there are more variants: 6AN8A is a pentod+triode, 6AN8P is pentod and 6AN8T is a triode only. Because you post this thread in this forum (schematic capture) I assume you don't need SPICE model. So in the case you are searching for the symbol only, I suggest creating yourself your own part by editing other valves in the library - as for example the EL34 for the pentode section and the ECC81 for the triode.

The footprint is not there as that library is for simulation only and not necessarely for PCB mounting uses.
Kind regards,
Ettore Arena - Labcenter Electronics.
Krzysztof
Professional User

Post by Krzysztof »

6AN8 is a triode/pentode. Of course, I created my own symbols and footprints for the tubes used in the project.
I am currently working on a modernized version of one of the Sansui and Pioneer amplifier models. The PCB version requires elements that will have to be created for the project
Thank you for your interest