Not painting correctly

Discussion on both general simulation and Proteus VSM microcontroller simulation.
Ianr
3rd Party Developer

Not painting correctly

Post by Ianr »

]Hello,
I have a display problem manifesting since last update.. Only on windows 10 at the mo,
Doesn't really make things difficult but here we go..

The simulating is not painting.. I have tried all devices 2D, window GD,I directx and GL, all do the same.
I have a screen shot attached.

[attachment=0]Labceneter.jpg[/attachment

Also, the messages include " Vee not modelled" I'm sure that wasn't there before...
The models in question are the analogue switches 4051,

Its the painting that bothers me as it looks like its still running and the LCD is obliterated.
Attachments
Labceneter.jpg
Labceneter.jpg (348.34 KiB) Viewed 226 times
Ianr
3rd Party Developer

Re: Not painting correctly

Post by Ianr »

Actually Ettore, Can you move this to my "other" thread as it's kinda the same problem.

I'm starting to think its this laptop.
Ettore
Labcenter Staff

Post by Ettore »

Hi Ian

The VEE pin in the analogue switches 4051 model is not modelled at all, and tbh it was never been since very older Proteus version (5.xx ?).

Active components repaint based on internal property STATE. When the simulation is stopped properly it defaults to -1, which means "repaint it fully". This may not to happen when for some reasons you have your simulation stopped not by the "Stop the Simulation" control on the bottom left corner. This occurs in general because of a simulation error or something like that. Anyway, you may want to edit the Properties of the component - for example LCD1 - and check "Edit all properties as text". You should see a property like this:
STATE=1
all you need to do is deleting it and exit with OK. The active component should look now normal.

Same thing for LEDs.

I don't think I will move this thread as it seems to me totally different than the break point issue (?) and windows 3D driver problems you had on one of your machine.
Kind regards,
Ettore Arena - Labcenter Electronics.
Ianr
3rd Party Developer

Post by Ianr »

Thanks for that..
I'm at work so I'll check later when I get home.

As for the simulation... Geesh it was fraught with errors from the start.. Its my first Pic24 ( its only for testing as the actual; part is a pic 32 with same pinouts )
Ianr
3rd Party Developer

Post by Ianr »

Nope, Sorry. STATE on LCD sticks at 1 STATE on LED sticks at 7
I've zipped the whole folder

See if it happens on your rig
Attachments
Alexia 5500.zip
(495.19 KiB) Downloaded 63 times
Ianr
3rd Party Developer

Post by Ianr »

Sorry!! I thought you meant delete 1.. I deleted the STATE = 1 and the issue has gone away.

Cheers for that.
Now some serious programming... I really wish you could do an Hitachi H8 532 chip. I wouldn't have to do all this.