adding CPL files

Discussion on the PCB Layout module of the Proteus Design Suite.
mosfet50
Professional User

adding CPL files

Post by mosfet50 »

Hi,
I'm trying to add pick and place files to my BOM so my PCB house can assemble my boards. They have a file that they tell me can be added to my BOM but importing it to my BOM failed - could not import JLCPCB.bomt.

Thanks for the time and help,
Rob
Pro 2 with advanced simulation
David
Site Admin

Re: adding CPL files

Post by David »

Hi Rob,

Our *.bomt files are our BOM template files. If they have provided a .bomt file I'm not sure that this was generated in Proteus? Can you email me the file - support@labcentger.com? Thanks.

Regards,
Dave.
mosfet50
Professional User

Post by mosfet50 »

Forum won't accept .bomt, .txt or .docx attachments. Tried cut and paste - no good.

I believe they generated it at their end for Ares. I'll contact them and see what they say.

Thanks David
mosfet50
Professional User

Post by mosfet50 »

Okay files sent, thanks.
mosfet50
Professional User

Post by mosfet50 »

Hi David,
Did you get a chance to look at the files I sent.
Thanks, Rob
David
Site Admin

Post by David »

Hi Rob,

Our BOM template files define the style and what fields are included. They can be exported as bomt files, then imported by another user, so a board house providing a bomt is probably wanting certain fields within the bom produced so they can match it up with the pick and place output.

It's worth noting that our pick and place is now more customizable, but the board house probably needs a suitable BOM export as well as a pick and place export, which can't be combined within Proteus.

So I would provide both a Proteus BOM export (CSV, PDF etc)t file and a P&P file and see if they can match them up at their end.

Regards,
Dave.
mosfet50
Professional User

Post by mosfet50 »

Thanks David,
I think there is a column they added with their bomt. Maybe I can figure out what goes in it and if it goes through I'll post it for others to see.
Rob
mosfet50
Professional User

Post by mosfet50 »

Okay, got it working, they have very specific file formats, for instance if you have 20, 10k resistors on your BOM you can't have R1-R20, it has to be R1-20. They say they're working to fix it. After two hours of setting this all up, getting the files to be accepted guess what? They don't have to parts!

Thanks for your help and time,
Rob