CRYSTAL Not outputting a signal

Discussion on both general simulation and Proteus VSM microcontroller simulation.
MarkusH
Unlicenced User

CRYSTAL Not outputting a signal

Post by MarkusH »

Hi,

I'm new to circuit simulation and proteus.

I'm trying to generate an oscillating signal with the CRYSTAL part. For some reason this part never outputs a signal, and I think I'm doing something wrong.

Could someone provide an example where this part actually produces a oscillating signal? Either that or could you provide clear and correct instructions (including settings) to generate an oscillating signal?

Thanks
Ettore
Labcenter Staff

Re: CRYSTAL Not outputting a signal

Post by Ettore »

When you use the Search forum function (right upper corner of the forum frame) with the key word CRYSTAL then you'll find tons of examples that would answer the question "why oscillators do not generating signals" or something like that.
Kind regards,
Ettore Arena - Labcenter Electronics.
MarkusH
Unlicenced User

Post by MarkusH »

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I asked this question as I have already used the search function, but many people have had this issue with no resolution. If you use the search function you can see that people say they use a generated signal instead of using a crystal.

I have seen YouTube videos of people getting the crystal working but there appears to be no written support from labcenter itself. I asked this question here to help others and myself as a result.

Could you please assist given these concerns?

Thanks
Ettore
Labcenter Staff

Post by Ettore »

MarkusH wrote: Sat 2023-02-18 14:31 ...Could you please assist given these concerns?...
There are not concerns with this and as I already told, searching the forum will give you with many examples of working oscillators circuits crystal based. However, you need to post here your Proteus project file with the exact schematic you're simulating so we can see what's wrong with it.
Kind regards,
Ettore Arena - Labcenter Electronics.