3 phase generator model

Discussion on both general simulation and Proteus VSM microcontroller simulation.
Roko21
Unlicenced User

3 phase generator model

Post by Roko21 »

Hello,
I am using a small synchronous machine, 3phase, in my real project, which stator voltage is controlled by an arduino nano, keeping the voltage within acceptable ranges.

I do not know if for the sams simulations i can use 3phase gnerator model?? The idea si to simulate such controlling, but I am not sure how the inertia of the generator will be like.

So far, i have tried to pull down one of its pahses straight to ground potential via a button. But what i've observed is that the outlut voltage of the pulled down phase does not change at all.

I expect to see on the scope an decreased voltage amplitude to 0, because it is shorted to ground.

Is such a simulation is possible in proteus by using 3phase generator model.
Ettore
Labcenter Staff

Re: 3 phase generator model

Post by Ettore »

Although I'm not sure what you're trying to do, the specific problem could be the On Resistance value of the button which is possibly comparable with the line impedance of the 3ph generator. So you may edit the button device and reduce the value in the ON Resistance properties.
Kind regards,
Ettore Arena - Labcenter Electronics.