I can't run simulator for Arduino UNO C code

Discussion on both general simulation and Proteus VSM microcontroller simulation.
the tiger
Unlicenced User

I can't run simulator for Arduino UNO C code

Post by the tiger »

Hello guys!
I'm a (C# - TSQL) programmer from Bs As Argentina and really new to Proteus and also to Arduino C, though I know (the ancient) C. It happens that a friend of mine from Spain (from MSDN forums) is needing some programming logical reasoning help (mi speciality) but he is using the LCD device (Arduino UNO) and he has an Arduino C code for me to retouch but this time I have to test it with the simulator, which I never used neither knew about its existance. So he gave me some guidance on how to compile the Arduino C code and run the Proteus simulator, but I got tired to try and get this error I show below. I understand that there is no compiler errors and so there is something about Proteus I don't know and it is preventing me to run the simulator and test my friend's Arduino C code for his LCD device. What I did is to open and compile the C code in Arduino IDE and "export binaries", then in Proteus, at the Arduino UNO View, try to load and simulate that C code, resulting in errors that I would ask you to help me to solve:
ISIS Release 8.14.00 (Build 32693) (C) Labcenter Electronics 1990-2022.
Compiling design 'C:\Users\PABLO\Desktop\LCD_menu_submenu_05.pdsprj'.
Netlist compilation completed OK.
Netlist linking completed OK.
Partition analysis completed OK.
Simulating partition 1
PROSPICE 8.13.00 (Build 31499) (C) Labcenter Electronics 1993-2022.
[x]mixed model AVR2.DLL failed to authorize - Missing or invalid Customer Key..
[x]DSIM model LCDALPHA.DLL failed to authorize - Missing or invalid Customer Key..
Loaded netlist 'C:\Users\PABLO\AppData\Local\Temp\LISA5149.SDF' for design 'LCD_menu_submenu_05.pdsprj'.
[x]Real Time Simulation failed to start.
[x]Simulation FAILED due to fatal simulator errors.

I would appreciate any help or guidance very much. Thank you in advance.
Pablo
Ettore
Labcenter Staff

Re: I can't run simulator for Arduino UNO C code

Post by Ettore »

This happens because you are using the Demo version of Proteus and, as I can see, you are trying simulating a new project. The Demo version won't allow you to simulate your new projects from scratch but only the existing demo samples provided with Proteus itself. However you can modify or fully change the Arduino code of the demo sample as well and simulate it; you cannot modify the circuit hardware and save it, though.

To open a sample project, start the demo version and click over the link "Open Sample" from the Start section of the Home page. Alternatively choose "Open Sample Project" from the File menu. Once the Sample Project Browser is open, write in the Keywords field the key: ARDUINO UNO LCD . In the Results area you will see all the Arduino sample files using LCD available for simulation and test code. See the picture below:
picture 2022-06-19 132420.jpg
picture 2022-06-19 132420.jpg (314.29 KiB) Viewed 241 times
You may select one sample you like and try to simulate and also change the code for your purposes.

If you need to taste Proteus VSM for Arduino in the full Professional version for a limited time you can then drop a mail to support@labcenter.com and ask for a limited time licence.
Kind regards,
Ettore Arena - Labcenter Electronics.