Pic24 issues.

Discussion on both general simulation and Proteus VSM microcontroller simulation.
Ianr
3rd Party Developer

Pic24 issues.

Post by Ianr »

There is no error but the Pic24 module is doing the same as the pic16.. Ettore fixed the pic16 DLL.. I get the same violation with the pic24 module..
It happens infrequently, but its annoying..

I digress... The snapshot shows some unusual information..
[PIC24 SETUP] PC = 006484 GetPtr error item returns address 0000

I attach a screen shot... BUT!!!! It only occurs with single stepping...

I didn't want to get involved with pic24 but demand of the pic32 made it happen..
Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (508.87 KiB) Viewed 7939 times
Ettore
Labcenter Staff

Re: Pic24 issues.

Post by Ettore »

The message "PC = 006484 GetPtr item returns address xxxx" is not an error in strictly speaking but a spurious info message in the pointer dereferencing, function of the COFF format loader. This occurs when a pointer to array is in the code. There is a similar function in the PIC16 and PIC18 as well, but the info message was removed from there.

Not a priority but I will remove that info message and recompile the model for a next service pack.
Kind regards,
Ettore Arena - Labcenter Electronics.
Ianr
3rd Party Developer

Post by Ianr »

What about the violation message? The whole of Proteus has to be restarted, just like the pic16 error I had. Can you take a look at the "initialized" variables in this module?
Ettore
Labcenter Staff

Post by Ettore »

Posting the full project that triggers the violation message ?
Kind regards,
Ianr
3rd Party Developer

Post by Ianr »

Its at Home.... I'll send it tonight...

Again!! Quite infrequent!
Ianr
3rd Party Developer

Post by Ianr »

Here you go...

I sent the project by PM as it contains my code.... Don't want everyone to have it..
Ettore
Labcenter Staff

Post by Ettore »

You sent PM, yes, but no project attached. Just a link to this "Pic24 issues" subject.
Kind regards,
Ettore
Labcenter Staff

Post by Ettore »

I've been testing your project on a couple of machines (both Intel, I7 and I5) for hours now in automatic debug mode using animated single step (Alt+F11) without any apparent problem. Also, I didn't find any uninitialized variables in the PIC24 model code at different stage of model debugging simulation. The only thing out from the crowd were a number of DELMIN SPICE warning errors, but those are because your project had a couple of SPICE Options in Iteration tab [SRCSTEPS] and [GMINSTEPS] both to 10 - as per the old Proteus days. I have used the Load button to get back to Default Settings ([SRCSTEPS] and [GMINSTEPS] both to 100) to get rid of those messages. Of course I ran the simulation with latest Proteus version 8.14 SP1.
If you have any other information useful to reproduce the same issue then I will have it a try. If not, then I suppose that under these conditions any fault finding becomes quite difficult.
Kind regards,
Ianr
3rd Party Developer

Post by Ianr »

but those are because your project had a couple of SPICE Options in Iteration tab [SRCSTEPS] and [GMINSTEPS] both to 10 - as per the old Proteus days.
Brand new project... I haven't touched the settings... One thing I will say... The OSCCON is a bit of a kick in the pants.. I haven't got it right yet..

I have a warning stating I didn't initialize it properly..

Also.. Sorry about the delay.. I was kicked off this project for a spell as a more demanding job came up, but I'll be back on it soon
Ianr
3rd Party Developer

Post by Ianr »

Sack this thread... The pic24 is now unobtainium as well... See my new thread...

Cheers