Simulation Run/Stop and Graph Zoom

Discussion on both general simulation and Proteus VSM microcontroller simulation.
chimimic
Expert User

Simulation Run/Stop and Graph Zoom

Post by chimimic »

Hi,

until V8.14 version, we had ability to start simulation by hitting F12 key (don't remember if this shortkey was set by default or if I have defined it in keyboard mapping dialog). Now, we have to click on Start button (left bottom of the screen) or go to Debug menu, that is less convenient.

Keyboard mapping dialog don't allow me to (re)assing F12 to [Run Simulation] action, as F12 is already used for another command which can't be unassigned.

For Graph, there is a similar issue. I can't assign SPACE key for start Graph simulation, Keyboard mapping don't take account changes (Assign button has no effect). And we have to hit ESCAPE key for both Start and Stop graph simulation, that is not consistent with Start graph simulation command initiated by SPACE key when graph is "full screen zoomed".

Another thing for graph : a very useful option has been removed in V8.14, that is ability to zoom a graph region by drawing rectangle while maintening SHIFT key pressed. Is it possible to make this possible again ?

Thanks,
Remy
David
Site Admin

Re: Simulation Run/Stop and Graph Zoom

Post by David »

Hi Remy,

Can you delete the registry entry Key Translations:

Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Labcenter Electronics\Proteus 8 Professional\ISIS\
Key Translations.png
Key Translations.png (5.4 KiB) Viewed 3266 times
Regards,
Dave.
chimimic
Expert User

Post by chimimic »

Hi David,

deleting [Key Translations] entry in the Registry solved problem for shortcuts. Good.

Please, can you say if it's possible to get again region zoom for the graph in a future release ?

Thanks,
Remy
David
Site Admin

Post by David »

Hi Remy,

Apologies, yes I have raised a case - it will have just been missed out of the import of the graph work that's been done.

Regards,
Dave.
chimimic
Expert User

Post by chimimic »

Thanks, David.
Remy