PIC18F47 and XC8 compiler not shown

Discussion on both general simulation and Proteus VSM microcontroller simulation.
jeloyah
Professional User

PIC18F47 and XC8 compiler not shown

Post by jeloyah »

We're evaluating VSM Proteus for PIC18 families in order to buy some licenses (for LAB and students use).

I've downloaded the last Proteus Demo version and the last version of the MPLAB XC8 compiler.

When I create a new project and select the PIC18 family, no controller or compiler option is offered (despite Proteus recognizes i've installed XC8 compiler).

What am I doing wrong?
Mountains are the means, the man is the end. The goal is not to reach the tops of mountains, but to improve the man.
- Walter Bonatti
jeloyah
Professional User

Re: PIC18F47 and XC8 compiler not shown

Post by jeloyah »

I sent an email to Labcenter support team and got this answer (actually I was expecting a delayed response):

"The Demo version does not allow you to create your own Microcontroller projects, you can insert your code in to one of our sample designs, or, if you send your Educational details - Uni / college name etc to our distributor, along with which products you are interested in, they will be able to provide you with a 30 day evaluation licence."

Now I know the Demo restriction announced in Labcenter's web page "You cannot simulate your own microcontroller designs" means "You can not CREATE AND simulate your own Microcontroller projects".

I'll try to get this evaluation licence.
Mountains are the means, the man is the end. The goal is not to reach the tops of mountains, but to improve the man.
- Walter Bonatti