Tube freq response

Discussion on both general simulation and Proteus VSM microcontroller simulation.
mosfet50
Professional User

Tube freq response

Post by mosfet50 »

Hi,
I'm doing frequency analysis for a vacuum tube but the tube is not a supported component (6DJ8) so I'm getting a "frequency response not supported" error. I have made all the other components "generic" but still get the error so I'm pretty sure it's the tube.

Is there a way I can simulate this?

Thanks for the time and help,
Rob
Pro 2 with advanced simulation
Ettore
Labcenter Staff

Re: Tube freq response

Post by Ettore »

6DJ8 not a supported component ?
Could you please explain better?
You did not find it in your library or did you find it but it refuses to simulate ??

Anyway, the 6DJ8 does have a Spice model and is supported in the library. Additionally, the 6DJ8 model is fully analogue (SPICE 3F5) then it does support Frequency Response Analysis.

Attached a screen shot that shows the frequency response graphs of a trivial test circuit.
Attachments
6DJ8_test_shot.jpg
6DJ8_test_shot.jpg (242.99 KiB) Viewed 536 times
Kind regards,
Ettore Arena - Labcenter Electronics.
mosfet50
Professional User

Post by mosfet50 »

Here's our setup. If I just use a generic cap and a res it simulates OK but if I insert the tube I get this:
Attachments
Capture2.JPG
Capture2.JPG (71.96 KiB) Viewed 529 times
Capture1.JPG
Capture1.JPG (57.6 KiB) Viewed 529 times
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (71.65 KiB) Viewed 529 times
Ettore
Labcenter Staff

Post by Ettore »

Ok. Then the nut of the issue is the voltmeter not the tube. The virtual voltmeter is for animation only purposes (real time simulation). If you need a Frequency Analysis Graphs to be done you have to edit the Voltmeter properties by clicking right over it and select on the option "Exclude from Simulation".
Kind regards,
Ettore Arena - Labcenter Electronics.
mosfet50
Professional User

Post by mosfet50 »

Ettore wrote:Ok. Then the nut of the issue is the voltmeter not the tube. The virtual voltmeter is for animation only purposes (real time simulation). If you need a Frequency Analysis Graphs to be done you have to edit the Voltmeter properties by clicking right over it and select on the option "Exclude from Simulation".
Thank you!