LiPo cell and battery models. and Log graphs.

Discussion on the Schematic Capture module of the Proteus Design Suite.
diffequ
Professional User

LiPo cell and battery models. and Log graphs.

Post by diffequ »

Greetings,

Two import items for my research:

a) Is there a 100% functional Lithium-ion polymer cell and battery models? If so, where is it available? If not, can anyone guide me to create such models in full detail?

b) I just purchased the Advanced Simulation Package. How can I setup to display and print log-log, semi-log, and polar graphs?

Thank you for reading the above.

diffequ.
Ettore
Labcenter Staff

Re: LiPo cell and battery models. and Log graphs.

Post by Ettore »

a) No. There is not a model like this for Proteus and I didn't see any 100% (?) functional model for others simulation software based on SPICE or P-SPICE except, perhaps, for those finite element models developed for some simulators specialized in computational fluid dynamic. In the past I did try to do such a model for NiMH - which I believe is similar to a LiPo for an electrical model only - by starting from a work published onto IEEE but then I gave up for the poor results.
I can't promise nothing but if I ever find that document I will send you a copy.

b) log-log and semi-log display (and print as well) are only possible with FREQUENCY, NOISE, DISTORSION and AC SWEEP. FOURIER analysis allows only for semi-log. Polar graphs are not implemented in Proteus. For X axes you set the linear or log beaviours by selecting LINEAR or DECADES/OCTAVES from the Interval list. For Y axes the option Y Scale in dBs must be unselected if you want linear or selected for log. You need to edit the graph to set those parameters.
Kind regards,
Ettore Arena - Labcenter Electronics.
cgriffin
Professional User

Re: LiPo cell and battery models. and Log graphs.

Post by cgriffin »

diffequ,

For simming batteries for charging, I've used a current limiting resistor and a very large cap. It won't sim exactly, but lipo's are quite similar. NiMH are, too, but NiCad's are more different since they peak more prominently when charged.