Some more ?? need your help.

Discussion on both general simulation and Proteus VSM microcontroller simulation.
James
Labcenter Distributor

Some more ?? need your help.

Post by James »

I'm using proteus 6.9 demo,I have some questions:

1.I find 8051CPU without crystal in some sample designs,but they are simulated well, that's a problem if I make PCB at the end. why?

2.I try to build a 8051 design,but it always says MCS8051.dll failed to authorize when I simulate it.why?

3.Would you like to give me some useful links for learning SPICE?
thanks a lot!
Richard_Reeves
Expert User

Re: Some more ?? need your help.

Post by Richard_Reeves »

James wrote:I'm using proteus 6.9 demo,I have some questions:

1.I find 8051CPU without crystal in some sample designs,but they are simulated well, that's a problem if I make PCB at the end. why?
The crytals are not simulated. The frequency that the µcontroller works is set by editing its properties. I'm sure simulating the actual crystal would take a lot more processing power - that's probably why.
However, you will need them for a real design, unless your µcontroller has an internal oscillator (like the newer AVRs do), so add them to the diagram anyway.
2.I try to build a 8051 design,but it always says MCS8051.dll failed to authorize when I simulate it.why?

thanks a lot!
No idea for those - when I've needed to do PSpice, I've searched for specific things on Google and read commercial models for clues.

Richard
The difference between theory and practice: Equations don't explode.
Жао ми је - не ради ми мозак...
Ettore
Labcenter Staff

Re: Some more ?? need your help.

Post by Ettore »

James wrote:
While you cannot create new designs 'from scratch' with the demo version, you are allowed to change the code into the micro. This gives you a chance to taste the simulator. In order to work with new designs you need to purchase the activation key for the micro you are interested with.
thanks a lot!
This is just one of many. Use Google.
http://newton.ex.ac.uk/teaching/CDHW/El ... /sec3.html
Kind regards,
Ettore Arena - Labcenter Electronics.