VSM Oscilloscope: where is it?

Discussion on both general simulation and Proteus VSM microcontroller simulation.
diffequ
Professional User

VSM Oscilloscope: where is it?

Post by diffequ »

Greetings everyone.

Is there a way to have both the analog and the digital oscilloscopes in my simulation?

I have noticed that some of the sample circuits within ISIS Professional implement a two-channel analog type oscilloscope that I found to be useful - currently when I select OSCILLOSCOPE from the INSTRUMENTS bind I only get the DSO. There must be a way to choose either or both types of oscilloscopes instruments if the circuit designer chooses from the INSTRUMENTS bind.

Has anyone come across this virtual oscilloscope situation?

Thank everyone for reading the above.

Sincerely,

diffequ

P.S. I managed to paste both analog and digital scopes in one picture to illustrate. Please see attachment.
Oscilloscopes.JPG
Oscilloscopes.JPG (105.46 KiB) Viewed 594 times
Ettore
Labcenter Staff

Re: VSM Oscilloscope: where is it?

Post by Ettore »

The new digital oscilloscope replaces fully and improves quite a lot the old one. You should not find, therefore, any situation where you'd need both.

However we still support the old dll for backward compatibility - i.e. those used in old schematics. While you cannot restore the old oscilloscope footprint in the Intruments tool, you might save its footprint into a library exactly as you do for a component. You can get the old oscilloscope footprint from any old schematic or from the one attached here.
Attachments
Both_oscilloscopes..zip
(9.68 KiB) Downloaded 92 times
Kind regards,
Ettore Arena - Labcenter Electronics.