There is no SPICE LIB for the 74FXX series?

Discussion on the Schematic Capture module of the Proteus Design Suite.
diffequ
Professional User

There is no SPICE LIB for the 74FXX series?

Post by diffequ »

Greetings everyone,

Does anyone know how to get any of the TTL 74F(ast) series models to work? When choosing any of the 74Fs appearing in Pick Devices window the following message appears in the Schematic Preview area ‘No Simulator Model’. In addition, there are other TTL devices without a SPICE library.

Is there a way to rectify this issue?

Sincerely,

diffequ
Attachments
74F74.JPG
74F74.JPG (25.97 KiB) Viewed 644 times
David
Site Admin

Re: There is no SPICE LIB for the 74FXX series?

Post by David »

Hi,

If the part in our libraries does not have a model then you can request for it to be done in the Library and Models Request section, or you can contact the manufacturers and ask them if they have a SPICE model. Please note that the SPICE format supported is Berkley SPICE 3F5.

Kind regards,
David Spencer - Labcenter Electronics.
dickperin
3rd Party Developer

Post by dickperin »

For the circuit you drew, you could use a standard 7474, a 74LS74, or a 74S74 all of which have SPICE models. Typically, standard (non-Schotky) TTL maxes out around 25 - 35 MHz.
Dick Perin
Engineer
Turner Broadcasting System Inc.
Atlanta, GA, USA
diffequ
Professional User

Post by diffequ »

David thank your for your advice. I will contact Fairchild Semiconductor to see if they have a complete library to the 74Fxx series under the specified SPICE format.

diffequ
David wrote:Hi,

If the part in our libraries does not have a model then you can request for it to be done in the Library and Models Request section, or you can contact the manufacturers and ask them if they have a SPICE model. Please note that the SPICE format supported is Berkley SPICE 3F5.

Kind regards,
David Spencer - Labcenter Electronics.
diffequ
Professional User

Post by diffequ »

Thank you for replying Dick.

Still considering myself a novice to ISIS I am randomly picking components from the library and building simple circuits to fully understand and implement this GREAT EDA tool to its fullest.

I have to admit that my confidence and proficiency level has increase thanks to you and to everyone in the forum always willing to assist unconditionally.

Thank you once again.

diffequ

dickperin wrote:For the circuit you drew, you could use a standard 7474, a 74LS74, or a 74S74 all of which have SPICE models. Typically, standard (non-Schotky) TTL maxes out around 25 - 35 MHz.