MMC CARD In FAT16 Mode

Discussion on both general simulation and Proteus VSM microcontroller simulation.
Roshan
Professional User

MMC CARD In FAT16 Mode

Post by Roshan »

Hi !

I am using mmc card in FAT16 with pic18f452. PIC mcu is creating one txt file on it. my hardware is running ok.

I want to know that on isis when pic will create one file in mmc card. How can i see that file.

In real world I put that mmc card in card reader & read it but at simulating time how can i see this txt file.

Any Idea or help ?

Regards

Roshan
Roshan
Roshan
Professional User

Re: MMC CARD In FAT16 Mode

Post by Roshan »

I have download winimage & open image file in that software.

Wow! it workssssssssssssssssssss.

Roshan :D :lol:
Roshan
RGV250
3rd Party Developer

Post by RGV250 »

Hi Roshan,
Could you elaborate on what you did, I have downloaded the Winimage software but can not find out how to create the MMC file with it. I am trying to put MP3 files on one.

Regards,
Bobby
Roshan
Professional User

Post by Roshan »

Dear RGV,

If you have winimage then simple open card image file in winimage. it will show you how many files are there & i mean to say as you see normal files.

I hope it helps.

Regards
Roshan
RGV250
3rd Party Developer

Post by RGV250 »

HiRoshan,
Thanks for yor reply, I think the problem I have is that I need to read MP3 files from the card so I have to put them on it first. I am not sure if this is possible. Did you creat the txt file first or did the PIC create it when it wrote to it?
I am a little dissapointed with Labcenter as there does not appear to be any help on this at all as to what is possible and not.

Regards,
Bobby
Iain
Site Admin

Post by Iain »

I've posted a couple of blank SD card image files and our own cmd line utility for reading/writing them in the code repository forum for pro users.

Iain.
RGV250
3rd Party Developer

Post by RGV250 »

Hi Iain,
Thank you for the files, the query I have now is, the card file has .BIN extension but the card slot only seems to recognise .MMC. Will renaming the file work or is there more to it than that.

I have tried to rename the file to .MMC and the card slot does accept it but the PIC program does not seem to work so if renaming it to .MMC is all it needs then I have a problem elsewhere. This is a working project from someone else so that should be OK.

Regards,
Bobby
Iain
Site Admin

Post by Iain »

The model will accept .bin files so if the simulation isn't working the problem is elsewhere.

Suggest examination of the image file in a hex editor to ensure the data is correctly written and then diagnostics and/or SPI debugger to ensure correct comms.

Also, make sure the card is actually inserted on the schematic part (it's an 'in-out' active component).

Iain.
RGV250
3rd Party Developer

Post by RGV250 »

Hi Iain,
The model will accept .bin files so if the simulation isn't working the problem is elsewhere.
This is the bit that is puzzling me, the model I have does not appear to accept .BIN files as multi media type (not sure of the exact wording) is the only option in the file type drop down box in the card properties. If the file is .BIN it is not shown so I can not select it but if I rename it to .MMC it is shown and I can then select it.
I have the latest updates, is it possible the card model I have is an old one?

Regards,
Bobby
Andrew
Labcenter Staff

Post by Andrew »

Hi Bobby,

It accepts only .mmc extension in the latest version. But you can enter file name manually with any extension.

Cheers,
Andrew.
RGV250
3rd Party Developer

Post by RGV250 »

Hi,
Thanks for the assistance, it is now working.

Regards,
Bobby
wsalas
Unlicenced User

Post by wsalas »

I've posted a couple of blank SD card image files and our own cmd line utility for reading/writing them in the code repository forum for pro users
Hi Iain,
I do not found the blank SD card image files, where is it?
RGV250
3rd Party Developer

Post by RGV250 »

Hi,
I've posted a couple of blank SD card image files and our own cmd line utility for reading/writing them in the code repository forum for pro users.
As you have not registered they are not available to you.
forum for pro users
Regards,
Bobby