APA102 Test Issues

Discussion on both general simulation and Proteus VSM microcontroller simulation.
Aussie Barry
Professional User

APA102 Test Issues

Post by Aussie Barry »

Hi All,

I have been doing some more simulation testing with the APA102 and find there are still issues with the APA102 model.
Attached is a simple circuit, with code, to flash a strip of LEDs on and off (blue) every second.
When using the APA102CX8 module (U12), everything works fine but this is not the case with eight individual APA102C's connected (U2 - U9).

Is this an issue with the single APA102C model or is there something more sinister going on?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Barry
Attachments
APA102_16F1825_2024.pdsprj
(22.8 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
Ettore
Labcenter Staff

Re: APA102 Test Issues

Post by Ettore »

Thanks. I don't believe there is any obscure problem with your code as the led strip works in itself. And it works as well with Arduino library which we have tested for. Unfortunately there is a known issue in the APA102 simulation model, in particular the SDO and CKO signal that affects the cascade devices in series. This was also due to some ambiguities in documentation. I remember I discussed this with you.

Such the issue has been left in the backlog for some reason and it's still there.
When possible I have to give it another try.
Kind regards,
Ettore Arena - Labcenter Electronics.