Not another one..

Discussion on both general simulation and Proteus VSM microcontroller simulation.
Ianr
3rd Party Developer

Not another one..

Post by Ianr »

One for Ettore, ( maybe ?)

On Friday I updated to 8.17, ran some simulation on a pic18xxxx using XC8, I had a severe crash. no computer activity at all.
After doing same twice ( Task manager - End task ). I realized there were issues, BUT! the code ran the day before.
The culprit was a break point in the interrupt. removing the break point allowed simulation. So! I believe a break point was in unreachable code and labcenter couldn't start because an error occurred because the coff file wasn't correct.

I may be miles off but weird how it was after the 8.17 installation, and the break point may have been placed incorrecly the first time.
Cannot get it to do it again.
Ettore
Labcenter Staff

Re: Not another one..

Post by Ettore »

Yes, I too believe that what happened might have nothing to do with the PIC18 simulation model. In fact, no changes to the PIC18 have been made since March 2023. However, until no project files to investigate will be provided it will be tricky - if not impossible - to make any fault finding of potential problems, if any.
Kind regards,
Ettore Arena - Labcenter Electronics.
Ianr
3rd Party Developer

Post by Ianr »

Its kinda weird, But every time I update, ISIS starts and a box appears saying it has to restart. It is as soon as I press run. But this time it didn't do that,it just crashed..

I'm now thinking it may be a windows 3D driver thing.. At home I use win 10 with an NVida card on my Laptop. It never happened at work, Win 7 crappy graphics using windows GDI.

If it happens again I'll just zip it up and post it to you.

P.S. I notice on the forums that its only me.. Maybe I should give up LOL
Ettore
Labcenter Staff

Post by Ettore »

I have 3 PCs, two of them are win10 with different dedicate NVIDIA graphic cards and one with win11 and integrated graphic Intel Iris Xe graphics and I didn't ever see nothing similar of what you're reporting.

Anyway, should you have any doubt with your graphic drivers you might try - if you didn't do that already - to set it in Proteus with System->Set Display Options and then set one of the four available solutions, up to "Use Windows GDI Graphics". Just to see if problem goes away.
Kind regards,
Ettore Arena - Labcenter Electronics.