RPi + Pico

Discussion on both general simulation and Proteus VSM microcontroller simulation.
eraserHead
Unlicenced User

RPi + Pico

Post by eraserHead »

Hi everyone here,

I'm facing an issue with Proteus when I try to simulate a Pico based (with a Pi Zero or RPi 3) circuit. I only need to access GPIO pins and simulate a RPi Pico (by a Pi Zero) with a MAX7221 and a LED Matrix.
I want to use the Python 'Compiler' but it seems that something is missing or wrong.
When creating a project, I choose a firmware in the last part, after the PCB layout. In the drop list I can select Raspberry Pi 3 but the other lists are disabled (I mean I can see the options but cannot choose one at the stage).
However, when the project is created and the component (RPi) added to the Schematic Capture, I can access to "Edit Source Code", then I can choose Family : Raspberry, Controller : Raspberry Pi Zero for example and Compiler : Python 3 (Proteus).
Allright. I can code in Python and compile, everything's fine and I get the message "Compiled successfully"
mkpython.exe/.....
Compiled Succesfully
But I have a fatal error not allowing the simulation to run : VSMPY.DLL failed to create DSIM model for primitive model 'RPI'
I've tried to check every option but still got the same message.
I do not want to push .hex on the proc but only want to code in Python and get the simulation running.

Anyone already faced this issue or tried to ?
Thank you very much for your appreciated help.
Ettore
Labcenter Staff

Re: RPi + Pico

Post by Ettore »

eraserHead wrote: Mon 2023-11-27 14:43 ...But I have a fatal error not allowing the simulation to run : VSMPY.DLL failed to create DSIM model for primitive model 'RPI'...
It looks like you don't have a valid Proteus license purchased for Raspberry Pi simulation. Prices here: https://www.labcenter.com/pricing/comm/
Without a valid license you cannot build your own project but evaluate for a limited time a number of demo microcontroller projects for demonstration purposes only.
Kind regards,
Ettore Arena - Labcenter Electronics.
eraserHead
Unlicenced User

Post by eraserHead »

I have an educational standard licence that has expired on 01/20/23 so I cannot update higher than 8.15 SP1 but the licence is valid. Do you mean that I shoul get a special licence for RPi ?
Ettore
Labcenter Staff

Post by Ettore »

If your educational standard licence did not include a licence for RPi or is older than the date of RPi launch, yes, you definitely need an additional licence for RPi. Anyway, for such of issues you can contact Labcenter on https://www.labcenter.com/contact/ or directly drop an e-mail to support@labcenter.com
Kind regards,
Ettore Arena - Labcenter Electronics.