Solution to non standard 3 Phase voltage sources ?

Discussion on both general simulation and Proteus VSM microcontroller simulation.
kuenhlee
Professional User

Solution to non standard 3 Phase voltage sources ?

Post by kuenhlee »

The nature of products I am trying to simulate is actually working on 3 Phase voltages that I would need to have a non Perfect / Ideal 3 Phase sources.

Are there any solution to achieve this with the virtual sources ?

- 3 Phases with different phase angle ( One of the way i tried is using 3 x AC source with dial in time delay since it doesn't accept Phase Angle )
- Modified Sine Wave / Glitches, Dip or Swell in the AC voltage
- Phase Swapping with a push of button without "physically" swap them using number of relays switching
- Harmonic injections into the Phase voltages.

I understand there are Signal Generator and Pattern Edited Generator but those are not working when I try them as they do not have the strength to work with the components as they are basically voltage signal without current strength.

Also try not to modify the schematic too much to have a different dedicated signals into the MCU pin, but to have the actual conditioned AC sources instead.

Thank you.
Ettore
Labcenter Staff

Re: Solution to non standard 3 Phase voltage sources ?

Post by Ettore »

Proteus does provide a 3-phase ideal generator which covers 90% - if not more - of generic user's application. Yours are specific requirement so that's require 'ad-hoc' solution which you can implement for easy if you know how to deal with SPICE modelling. You have also an opportunity to use EasyHDL, an optional script language for creating any sort of specific Analog/Digital generator.
Kind regards,
Ettore Arena - Labcenter Electronics.
kuenhlee
Professional User

Re: Solution to non standard 3 Phase voltage sources ?

Post by kuenhlee »

Ettore wrote: Wed 2022-12-14 12:21 Proteus does provide a 3-phase ideal generator which covers 90% - if not more - of generic user's application. Yours are specific requirement so that's require 'ad-hoc' solution which you can implement for easy if you know how to deal with SPICE modelling. You have also an opportunity to use EasyHDL, an optional script language for creating any sort of specific Analog/Digital generator.
Thank you, I will try to explore into that area. Its still pretty new to me for the moment.