Heterogeneous multi-element devices and MDF files

Discussion on both general simulation and Proteus VSM microcontroller simulation.
mcolas
Unlicenced User

Heterogeneous multi-element devices and MDF files

Post by mcolas »

Hello,

I tried to follow the analogue modelling tutorial (the relay example). All was fine, until I attempted to attach the compiled childsheets to each part using the MODFILE property.
What I've done :
  • open Amodtut.prj (analogue Modelling Tutorial)
  • zoom into each child sheet (Coil and Switch), invoque Tool, Model Compile and save each MDF file, respectively coil.mdf and switch.mdf (in the right MODELS folder) ;
  • remove RL1:A and RL1:B present from the Root sheet ;
  • pick new instances of RELAY:A and RELAY:B and connect each part to the shematic at the same place as the removed one ;
  • for RL?:A : using right click,edit properties and change part reference from RL? to RL1 and add MODFILE=coil.mdf in the All properties fied ;
  • for RL?:B : using right click,edit properties and change part reference from RL? to RL1 and add MODFILE=switch.mdf in the All properties field.
and here is my problem : adding MODFILE=switch.mdf in RL1:B also change this property in RL1:A : Unfortunatly, I can not specify one model per part so when I try to update my graph, I logically get the warning that some pin (those of the unattached model) are not modeled.

Could you help me for this problem : clearly what I want to do is possible as it is described in the section Using the Model In Future Designs of the ProteusVSM documentation but I dont see what I'm missing.

Thank you in advance for your help.
mcolas
Unlicenced User

Re: Heterogeneous multi-element devices and MDF files

Post by mcolas »

Nobody to help me ? :?
David
Site Admin

Re: Heterogeneous multi-element devices and MDF files

Post by David »

Hi,

We are investigating this and I will let you know what the answer is. I believe there is a fix in for v8.13 but I will confirm. In the meantime you could make the schematic part as one component and put both models on one sheet and export it as one model file.

Regards,
Dave.