Verify Packagings removes gate Part I.D.

Discussion on the Schematic Capture module of the Proteus Design Suite.
LuminousJon
Professional User

Verify Packagings removes gate Part I.D.

Post by LuminousJon »

Hi

I clicked 'Verify Packagings' in the 'Library' menu, and it stripped away the Part I.D.s from my gates - see the pictures... I don't know why I clicked it, I'm not really sure what it does, but I'm worried now that it means I've done something wrong when I created my device. There are no errors relating to U2 in the Verify Packagings report...

I've attached before and after screenshots, but you can reproduce what I've done by placing a stock 74LS05 into a blank project, add some gates (and place the components on the Layout, although I'm not sure if that's essential to reproduce) and then select 'Verify Packagings'

Does this mean I've made a mistake, or is it a bug?

Thank you!
Attachments
Before
Before
Screenshot 2021-01-22 132123.jpg (64.26 KiB) Viewed 3068 times
After
After
Screenshot 2021-01-22 132127.jpg (64 KiB) Viewed 3068 times
David
Site Admin

Re: Verify Packagings removes gate Part I.D.

Post by David »

Hi,

Proteus can verify that all the packages specified for components on a schematic exist in the ARES libraries, and that all the pin numbers specified in the schematic library parts exist in the specified packages. Whilst this facility is most useful when creating library parts en masse, it is also useful if you wish to verify that all the packaging is correct prior to netlisting to ARES.

I will create a case to see why theyt revert to the first Element. You can just edit the component and reset the element.
Set_Element.png
Set_Element.png (16.65 KiB) Viewed 3045 times
Regards,
Dave.