Slot padstack issues

Discussion on the PCB Layout module of the Proteus Design Suite.
janneman47
Professional User

Slot padstack issues

Post by janneman47 »

I recently upgraded to 8.11 SP11 build 30228 and noticed what seems a change in padstack slots behaviour.

1 - I successfully created slots in the previous version, which show correctly as unplated routed slots both in the 3D viewer as well as in my boardhouse PCB checker (Eurocircuits).
PCBs ordered from another board house were manufactured correctly.
I then created a new slot that uses the same initial pad and all the same settings as the previous one except a longer length.
For some reason, it appears in the Eurocircuits checker as a plated track, not through-and-through. It does appear correctly in the 3D viewer but I am unsure whether it will be manufactured correctly.
What could cause this change?

2 - If you want to draw a select box around a slot, to move it or to delete or copy it, the box has to be dimensioned according to its original orientation, not the actual orientation on the board.
Example: I have a 40mm long slot that has it's original orientation vertical. I pick it and rotate it to horizontal and place it on the layout. Then, when I want to select it for manipulation, the select box has to have a vertical size corresponding to at least the 40mm vertical size, to select the (rotated) slot. So a 40mm horizontal slot needs to be selected by a 40mm vertical selection box; and that box can be narrower than the width of the horizontal slot, as long as it covers the center of the slot where the defining pad hole would be. So to select a rotated slot, draw a selection box around what it would be if it was not rotated.
That is very annoying as there's always some parts that are also selected unwanted, and will be moved together with the slot, messing up your layout.

Jan Didden
Linear Audio