Library 'refresh' without having to close and reopen ISIS?

Discussion on the Schematic Capture module of the Proteus Design Suite.
understress
Professional User

Library 'refresh' without having to close and reopen ISIS?

Post by understress »

Maybe this can be done already and I don't know about it.

When I'm working on a new design (or updating an old design) I commonly have the design open in one instance of ISIS, and have a second instance of ISIS open for creating of new devices. I'll also have an instance of ARES open for creating packages for a new device.

The issue seems to be that if I create a new device in my second instance of ISIS (save it to disk, etc, etc), the first instance of ISIS is not aware of this part being created and added to a given library.

So, my question is: Is there a way to force my first instance of ISIS to 'refresh' or 'update' what it knows about a library without having to shut down that instance of ISIS and reopening it?

Thanks,

Scott
lumotech
Professional User

Re: Library 'refresh' without having to close and reopen ISIS?

Post by lumotech »

Just pick the new part from the library again, and you'll be asked if existing parts should be updated.
This is on a part level, not at schematic level.

Success

Arthur
._._.
_._.._..
Arthur
understress
Professional User

Post by understress »

Arthur,

That is not quite the same. When I first open the first instance of ISIS, part xyz doesn't exist in the library. After part xyz is created in the second instance of ISIS, I would like to reload or refresh the libraries in the first instance of ISIS without having to shut it down. After the reload / refresh of the libraries in the first instance of ISIS, part xyz should then show up in the library.

Scott
David
Site Admin

Post by David »

Hi,

As you will see on the splash screen when ISIS or ARES start, they load the libraries before ISIS / ARES opens. The only current option is to save the design / layout, close and reopen ISIS / ARES which will load your latest libraries, and hit ALT + F + 1 (File menu > No.1 on the MRU list). I will add this to the list of features to be added.

Kind regards,
Dave Spencer.
understress
Professional User

Post by understress »

David,

Thanks for the reply. I just wanted to be sure that I needed to close and reopen the program. Thanks for adding this to the features to be added, hopefully this is something that can be added sooner rather than later.

Scott