component 2SA1015 not available in library

Discussion on both general simulation and Proteus VSM microcontroller simulation.
manojanand
Unlicenced User

component 2SA1015 not available in library

Post by manojanand »

hello friends ,

i am drawing a schematic which uses TOSHIBA Transistor Silicon PNP Epitaxial Type (PCT process) 2SA1015(L) Audio Frequency Amplifier Applications Low Noise Amplifier Applications. it's complementry transistor 2SC1815 (L) is also not available in library. please suggest me what should i do?
rberek
Expert User

Post by rberek »

Create it yourself.

If you look in the help file under TUTORIAL -> The Package LIbrary, there is a tutorial on creating new packages.

There is further detail in the help file under Library Facilities -> The Package Library -> Making a Package

r.b.
dickperin
3rd Party Developer

Post by dickperin »

Or this may be quicker... Pick a transistor with the same schematic symbol and, if you are making a PCB, the same footprint. (For example, a TO-92 NPN would be a 2N3904, a TO-92 PNP would be a 2N3906). Place it on the schematic. Tag it (click right) and then click left on it to bring up its properties. Change the COMPONENT VALUE to the name of your new target transistor. You schematic will be right. The BOM will be right. And your PCB will be right (assuming you picked an equivalent with the same basing). Cheers.
Dick Perin
Engineer
Turner Broadcasting System Inc.
Atlanta, GA, USA
manojanand
Unlicenced User

Post by manojanand »

dickperin wrote:Or this may be quicker... Pick a transistor with the same schematic symbol and, if you are making a PCB, the same footprint. (For example, a TO-92 NPN would be a 2N3904, a TO-92 PNP would be a 2N3906). Place it on the schematic. Tag it (click right) and then click left on it to bring up its properties. Change the COMPONENT VALUE to the name of your new target transistor. You schematic will be right. The BOM will be right. And your PCB will be right (assuming you picked an equivalent with the same basing). Cheers.

Thanks rberek and dickperin , thank you for your valuable advise but if i creat new component say 2SA1015 transistor , will it perform it's function in simulation properly.

Actually i am preparing the schematic for PIC 16F84A based moving letter display and also testing it by simulating it in ISIS. Will your recomendation will solve the purpose of simulation also.

I appreciate you both for responding to my problem so quickly. Again thank you very much.
dickperin
3rd Party Developer

Post by dickperin »

Since you posted under ISIS rather than VSM, I assumed you just needed a schematic symbol. A 2SA1015 would be a high frequency PNP. Where is it used in the circuit? Does it just drive your display? If so, that's a "generic application" and substitute (such as a 2N3906) should work fine for simulation purposes. (Oh, and creating a symbol has nothing to do with making a model for simulation.)
Dick Perin
Engineer
Turner Broadcasting System Inc.
Atlanta, GA, USA
rberek
Expert User

Post by rberek »

No, it won't work for simulation. You'll have to create a SPICE model for it yourself.
Ettore
Labcenter Staff

Post by Ettore »

rberek wrote:No, it won't work for simulation. You'll have to create a SPICE model for it yourself.
Yes, you are correct. No model - no simulation.

manojanand

The 'ISIS Schematic Capture' forum is not for simulation questions !
Last edited by Ettore on Tue 2006-09-26 20:43, edited 1 time in total.
Kind regards,
Ettore Arena - Labcenter Electronics.
manojanand
Unlicenced User

Post by manojanand »

thanks u all for your advice and next time i will my quary about simulation in VSM section.
dear rberek ,how the SPICE model for 2SA1015 can be created.
Ettore
Labcenter Staff

Post by Ettore »

manojanand,

search it on google. If you don't find one then ask it to the manufacturer.

Once you have a suitable Spice 3F5 model read the USING SPICE MODELS section in the Proteus VSM Help to attach it to an ISIS library part.
Kind regards,
Ettore Arena - Labcenter Electronics.